The Slow Readers Club
The Slow Readers Club + PINS + LIINES
Entry Requirements: Under 14s must be accompanied by an adult
The Slow Readers Club
POST PUNKS LIINES HAVE BUILT A REPUTATION AS ONE OF THE MOST EXCITING ACTS TO EMERGE FROM MANCHESTER.
“LIINES, a band I’ve been dying to see for so long…they lived up to every expectation. Absolutely incredible.” John Kennedy, Radio X, X-Posure
LIINES release much-anticipated debut album, Stop-Start, on 4 May 2018 through Reckless Yes.
LIINES are Zoe McVeigh (vocals/guitar), Tamsin Middleton (bass) & Leila O’Sullivan (drums) – a are a prominent part of the post-punk/new-wave scene, with comparisons ranging from Savages to PINS to Desperate Journalist. They blend Riot Grrrl, post-punk and alt-rock sounds with collective influences in Joy Division, The Pixies and Sleater-Kinney.
LIINES have released a string of hotly received singles – Never There (2016), double-A single Disappear/Be Here and Blackout (both 2017), Shallow (2018) and most recently Find Something (2018).
LIINES have garnered support from the likes of Gigslutz, Louder Than War, Collapse Board, and The Quietus, with spins on Radio X (John Kennedy), BBC Introducing, BBC 6 Music (Tom Robinson) and Amazing Radio,
Over the last 18-month LIINES have played a string of festivals including Head for the Hills, Dot to Dot, Camden Rocks, Off The Record, Loud Women, #Blogtober, When in Manchester. They’ve headlined John Kennedy’s Radio X night at Tooting Tram & Social and performed alongside Hot Snakes, Desperate Journalist and Nelson Can.
See also: Press highlights
● "LIINES, a band I've been dying to see for so long – I finally got to see them and they lived up to every expectation. Absolutely incredible" John Kennedy, Radio X, X-Posure
● "LIINES are probably the best group in this genre on the indie scene at the moment" Little Indie Blogs
● “Powerful post-punk with touches of grunge and new wave…a sound that you need to hear” Louder Than War Ones to Watch 2017
● “LIINES are one of the most refreshing sounds to emerge not just from Manchester but from anywhere” Gigslutz
● Featured on Tom Robinson’s BBC Introducing MIXTAPE on BBC Radio 6 Music and BBC Introducing Manchester
● 2017 Off The Record, #Blogtober Festival, Camden Rocks Festival, Loud Women Festival
● 2016 Dot to Dot Festival, Ramsbottom Festival, Tramlines Festival Fringe, Theatron Pfingstfestival (Munich, Germany)
● 2015 A Carefully Planned Festival, Crossing Europe Film Festival (Linz, Austria)
See also: Past gigs / festivals appearances.
● Singles: Never There (Nov 2015) • Blackout (Mar 2016) • Disappear / Be Here (Oct 2016, Reckless Yes Records)
● Debut album: To be released early 2018, Reckless Yes Records